CONDITIONS AND BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP OF CREATIVE ORKNEY
Conditions of Membership:
- Work must be of an appropriately high quality and standard, designed or made in Orkney.
- Vetting will NOT normally be required, if prospective member is known to and approved by the majority of the Committee.
- Work must be original to the maker with no plagiarism.
- If in the business sector, evidence of relevant insurance and registration with HMRC should be supplied.
- If in the education sector, provision of relevant qualifications should be supplied.
- Applicants must be both living and working in the Orkney Islands.
- Applicants must be deriving part of their living from their work.
- If wishing to be on Creative Trail, regular and publicised opening hours must be provided and adhered to.
Benefits of Membership:
- Eligibility for listing in Creative Orkney Trail and Brochure, leaflets, posters, display boards
- Fully illustrated page on Creative Orkney website, with links to own website if applicable
- Opportunity to be “Featured Art/Craft/Designer” through the blog on Creative Orkney website
- Opportunity to participate in group advertising e.g. The Islander, Scottish Field, Northlink brochure
- Links to other relevant organisations, e.g. Destination Orkney, VisitScotland, Craft Scotland
- Subsidised attendance at national exhibitions or trade fairs
- Display and trade opportunities at central Kirkwall location (Ortak)
- Display opportunities at tourist locations e.g., Northlink terminals, Kirkwall Tourist Information Centre, Kirkwall Airport
- Eligibility to attend local events organised by Creative Orkney
- Notification of related opportunities, e.g. subsidised photographic /copywriting services/carriage to and from trade fairs
- Assistance with production of P.O.S. materials
- Creative Orkney and Made in Orkney logos to be used in own stationary/website/premises
- Opportunities for contribution to Committee work
£150 per annum. (October 1st- September 30th). If joining after March, half fee applies.
PROCEDURE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS (Online only).
- Complete online application form (all relevant sections to be filled in).
- Application discussed at next Committee meeting (may be specially convened if necessary). Decision made to approve, reject or vet application.
- Applicant informed of outcome. If unsuccessful applicant is given reasons and constructive input.
- If successful, applicant is sent an invoice from Creative Orkney which requires immediate payment by cheque or BACS (all payment information required is on the invoice itself).
- When payment is received, membership becomes active and the member is added to Creative Orkney website and database.